The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation has launched a mobile app to provide visitors and prospective visitors helpful information about the variety of destinations, activities and adventures available throughout the Empire State’s state parks and historic sites.
Some key highlights include:
- The Parks Explorer App is free for both iOS and Android devices, available in the Apple and Google Play stores;
- The app is a user-friendly resource for visitors to plan outdoor adventures while staying connected to long-time favorite parks and sites;
- Users can discover new must-see locations with rotating curated content, and will enjoy quick access to park information, including directions, hours, fees and rates, trail maps, and helpful know-before-you-go details;
- Visitors can also save their Empire Pass to a wallet feature for digital payment and entry into many park properties, and link directly to online camping reservations to book a stay, and easily access select State Parks’ social media channels to share their experiences; and
- Users will have the ability to build a growing list of most-loved places and receive important updates and alerts.