1) How many acres is the park – There is a total of 6,990 acres of land (this is including the new additions) that Moreau Lake State Park owns.
2) How many acres is the lake – Moreau Lake is 128 acres.
3) How deep is the lake – Moreau Lake is 50 feet at its deepest location with an average of 32 feet.
4) Are there mountain bike trails – All of the trails within Moreau Lake State Park are multi-use. This means they are open to hikers, bikers, horseback riding, hunting (in designated areas), and geocaching
5) # of miles of trails, # of trails – There are 44 miles of hiking trails at Moreau Lake State Park.
6) Type of fish – Within Moreau Lake there are several common fish to catch: Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, Chain Pickerel, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Rainbow Trout, White Sucker, Yellow Bullhead, and Yellow Perch.
7) Motors on the lake? Electric? No motorized or electric motors are allowed on Moreau Lake, Lake Ann and Lake Bonita.
8) Camping reservations – Camping reservations are made through reserve America by calling 1-800-456-2267 or going online at ReserveAmerica.com. Reservations can be made up to 9 months in advance.
9) Cabin reservations – Cabin reservations are made through reserve America by calling 1-800-456-2267 or going online at ReserveAmerica.com. Reservations can be made up to 9 months in advance. Cabins have a 7-day minimum during the peak season from May-October. Cabins can be rented nightly during the off-season, there is a 2-night minimum for reservations. There is also a 1.5-mile hike to the cabins during this time.
10) Year round camping? – Tent camping is available from May -December, the cottages are available May – October, the cabins are year-round
11) Ice Fishing? – yes, no mechanical augers. Check park office for conditions
12) Swimming at Lake Bonita? – no swimming or boating is allowed due to the protected needed for threaten plants on the islands and shoreline.