It was a bit chilly but everyone showed up prepared to show Moreau Lake State Park some love!. The day kicked off with breakfast and raffles provided by the Friends including an Empire Pass donated by the Park. Jobs were then assigned and off to work everyone went. Tasks included:
- Painting the lifeguard towers and road sign posts;
- Spreading mulch in the two playgrounds;
- Lake shore clean up by walk-about and kayak;
- Lake bed clean-up provided by Tri-State Emergency Search and Rescue Team Scuba Divers;
- Assemble picnic tables (originally was supposed to be juts 5 – they did 19!!)
- Raingarden clean-up, planting pots and the flower beds;
- Spring cleaning the Nature Center;
- Boat launches clean up along the Hudson;
- Park boundary roadside clean-up;
- Little Free Library book sorting;
- raking and more raking
Everyone worked so hard from organizing it months ago to rolling up their sleeves on the day. Lunch was served around noon and hot dogs EXPERTLY grilled by none other than Mr. Hot Dog – aka – Al LaFountain, Park Manager.
We also had a visit by Assemblywoman Carrie Woerner (Assembly District 113). Assemblywoman Woerner continues to be a champion for Moreau Lake State Park and we are thankful for her active role in supporting not just the park, but our entire community.
We also want to thank all of the businesses who regularly donate and come through for us year round:
The Bread Basket Bakery – Saratoga Springs
Rock Hill Bakehouse and Cafe – Glens Falls
Uncommon Grounds – Saratoga Springs
NYS Parks – Empire Pass
Parks & Trails NY
Check out the photo gallery below and we thank ALL the volunteers and park staff who give 100% of their time and support. Moreau Lake State Park is feeling the love!