The Friends of Moreau Lake State Park is planning the 22nd annual NatureFest, to be held on Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 10:00 – 3:00 pm (rain date Sunday 9/15). This fun and educational program is a big hit with families, drawing an attendance of over 2,000 participants. Throughout the day there are environmental programs, exhibits, nature crafts, food and more.
For Sponsors and Donors:
The all-volunteer Friends of Moreau Lake State Park have supported programs such as this with the help of local businesses who make this event, and others, possible through generous donations.
We are asking for your support in 2 ways:
1) By donating an item(s) to be used in the silent auction or supplies to offset operating costs for the event.
2) Through a monetary donation. Checks or money orders can be made out to “Friends of Moreau Lake State Park” and sent to Jim Pierson, Treasurer, Friends of Moreau Lake State Park, 605 Old Saratoga Rd., Gansevoort, NY 12831. Or donate via Paypal
You may download the details of the Sponsorship Program HERE
We also have a Donation Request Letter that you can share with others HERE
You can contact us below for more information and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours
Thank you for your support!
We welcome volunteers in several areas. There should be something enjoyable for everyone. Past volunteers have reported that they thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Here are some of the possibilities.
1. Setup from 8AM to 10AM on the 14th. This includes setting up tents, tables, and signs.
2. If you like taking photos and have some experience with Social Media, we would love help recording the day’s events.
3. If you have old Tee shirts you’d like to donate, we could use them for our make your own reusable bag project.
4. We need help supervising several craft type projects like pumpkin painting, making Tee shirt bags, or building bird houses.
5. We need a helper for the educator in our Nature Center.
6. There will be wagon rides, and we could use someone to do traffic control.
7. There is a presenter who demonstrates making rope the old way. He would love some help with the children who have an opportunity to help make rope.
8. There are several presenters who would appreciate help such as the DEC reps who will educate visitors about waste and recycling.
9. We need folks to offer relief to presenters and exhibitors throughout the day.
10. We need help supervising our silent auction and raffle area.
11. There are bake sales and food sales.
12. Clean up and break down from 3-4:30.
You don’t need to commit for the whole day. There are shifts. Feel free to contact Barb at the email address below if you have any questions or concerns, or to sign up. Barb’s email: BarbRoadrunner14@gmail.com